The Student News Site of Olathe West High School

Victoria Lokaphone – Sophomore

Victoria Lokaphone is a sophomore and is involved in girls soccer.

Q1: Overall, how do you think this school year went?

A: Technology did play a big part in this school, so I think that helped. The only downside to that was the wifi issues. The most difficult thing would probably be keeping tracking of all of my stuff. At [Olathe] North, we all had planners. So when we had planners, we were capable of writing it down, but technology is kind of easy to forget, and it’s really easy to get disorganized.

Q2: How do you think the school will be next year when an additional 400 students are added?

A: I think it’s going to get loud, and that’s going to be really annoying, but I think it’ll be interesting to see what’s going to become of this school. We have no seniors now, and we’re going to have seniors and there’s going to be a whole bunch of freshmen. I feel like I’ll be really annoyed, but we’ll see how it turns out.

Q3: What are you most looking forward to next year?

A: Junior year is the hardest year from what I heard but I’m kind of determined to not make it as hard for myself and get more involved in my school.

Q4: What are some aspects that we could add to West to make it better?

A: I do like the fact that there is Hispanic leadership club, I think it’s important to show a diversity and be proud of who you are. I feel like there should be more of that like. At [Olathe] North, they had GSA (Gay-Straight Alliance), I think we should have something like because I’ve been surprised by some of the people I come across who tell me their sexuality and who they are. I didn’t know that, and I feel like if we’re all grouped together, then we have something to talk about and share with each other.

Q5: What advice do you have for incoming freshmen?

A: Don’t vape, don’t blare your music, I don’t want to hear it. Learn how to walk in the hallways, don’t stop in the middle of the hallways, please, that’s really annoying. Most of all, respect people around you.

Owl Post • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All Owl Post Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *