The Student News Site of Olathe West High School

Owl Post

Owl Post

Owl Post

Tech Students Set to Advance to Nationals
CBR Students Take Second Place at Job Olympics
Swimming to Success

Swimming to Success

April 22, 2024

Senior swimmer Lydia Fink has had numerous accomplishments...

This poll has ended.

What are your plans for spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Taylor Swift is AMAZING in all aspects

Illustration by Annie Self
Taylor Swift has broken many milestones and records along the path of her very successful career of becoming one of the most well known artists of all time.

Throughout Taylor Swift’s career, a lot of people have argued that she is “overrated.” However, arguing that Taylor Swift is overrated, or simply just a bad person, will never be a valid argument. Taylor is one of the biggest artists of all time, has donated to many organizations, and has a positive impact on everything she does. 

Swift is an award-winning artist. She has already won 12 Grammys and has been nominated 52 times. At age 16, according to grammy.com, she scored her very first Top 40 hit with “Tim McGraw,” a song featured on her very first release in 2006 “Debut.” This is very impressive for Taylor Swift’s age. 

Swift is currently on a world record-breaking tour. Her “Eras Tour” started here in the United States on March 17 and then later, she started her international leg on Aug. 24, which will end on Aug. 17, 2024. Swift then will be returning to the United States on Oct. 18, 2024. 

While on tour, Swift has broken a mass amount of records in various stadiums she has performed at. When Swift performed in Glendale, Arizona on her opening night of the “Eras Tour,” according to iheart.com, it was the most-attended concert by a female artist ever in the United States with over 69,000 people in attendance. Also, according to cnn.com, Swift’s show in Seattle, Washington created a small earthquake from the singing and cheering, equivalent to a 2.3 magnitude earthquake. 

This summer, while Swift visited cities throughout the country, there seemed to be endless news coverage of her every action. However, her immense amount of publicity is well-deserved. Swift is overall a very well rounded individual that stays unproblematic. For example, while on tour, she paid each of her truck drivers a $100,000 bonus for their work, totalling up to over $55 million.

Additionally, Swift has donated to local food pantries within the cities she has visited while on tour. For example, when she visited Arrowhead stadium in Kansas City, Missouri, she donated to Harvesters, a local food pantry located in Kansas City. 

KWCH Wichita News wrote, “It won’t be a #cruelsummer for thousands of families, children and seniors experiencing food insecurity thanks to a generous donation we received from the award-winning singer!”

Recently, everyone seems to have something to say regarding the new romance between Taylor Swift and Kansas City Chiefs tight end, Travis Kelce. Many haters are arguing that Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s relationship is interfering with the NFL and is ruining football. But this has never been an issue for any other NFL wives or girlfriends interfering with the game.

Taylor is receiving hate from Kansas City Chiefs fans and has even received hate in the past  from Travis Kelce’s best friends’ wife. Britney Mahomes, wife to starting quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs Patrick Mahomes, tweeted in 2012 “@Taylor Swift..I wanna know when you’re gonna find something different to write about besides boys and relationships..#timeforsomethingnew”. 

Many arguments state that Taylor Swift is being shown on television too much throughout the games and the primary focus for broadcasting should be the game itself. However, since Swift has been attending these various Kansas City Chiefs games, tight end Travis Kelce is improving overall. Also the total viewership of games has gone up significantly. 

Stats, according to sportingnews.com, says that Kelce has totaled 34 catches for 432 yards and two touchdowns in the games that Swift has attended. Travis’ brother, Jason Kelce said on their “New Heights” podcast “When T Swift is at the game, you are averaging 99 yards and when you are left with only your friends and remaining family there, you are at 46.5 yards a game.” 

In fact, Kelce and Swift seem to be enjoying each other’s company and have even started to make their relationship public. In November, many videos were released from her concert in Argentina. Travis Kelce was attending this concert and was watching the concert with Swift’s dad, Scott Swift. 

At the concert, while Swift was performing her last song “Karma,” she made a change to show her affection for Kelce. There is a lyric in the song that goes “Karma is the guy on the screen, coming straight home to me.” This lyric is referring to a previous boyfriend of hers. However, on Saturday she changed the lyric to “Karma is the guy on the Chiefs, coming straight home to me.” Also, there was a video released of Travis Kelce waiting for Taylor Swift backstage after her show. In the video, Swift gets off stage and runs to kiss and hug Kelce. 

Some may argue that this relationship is a publicity stunt, however neither Travis or Taylor need any kind of publicity. Travis Kelce, according to nfl.com, since 2016, leads all tight ends in receptions, receiving yards, receiving touchdowns and yards after the catch. Both Kelce and Swift are very successful individuals. 

Arguing that you do not enjoy Swift’s music is fair, but you can not debate that she’s talented, does good, and deserves happiness.