The Student News Site of Olathe West High School

Owl Post

Owl Post

Owl Post

Baseball is First in State
Prom Pep Assembly: Photo Slideshow
Tech Students Set to Advance to Nationals

April 23, 2024

TSA, a national organization that allows students to...

How are you preparing for finals?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Sophomore Savannah Cagle Breaks Golf Records

Maddie Webster
Savannah Cagle teeing off at Emporia Golf Course.

The Olathe West golf team had a successful season. One player that stood out was varsity team member, sophomore Savannah Cagle. 

Being good at a sport takes time and focus, and Cagle has taken that time and focus and put it into golfing. Cagle has been golfing for a long time. 

“I have basically golfed my whole life,” Cagle said. “I grew up going to the golf course at least once a week.” 

Cagle played for Olathe West last year and continued to do so this year. She stays motivated on getting better each year.

“I’m motivated to keep golfing because I want to get better and want to succeed,” Cagle said.

Cagle shared some highlights about being a part of the Olathe West golf team.

“My favorite thing about being on the West golf team is the friends I have made and the memories I always look forward to going to golf with everyone on my team,” Cagle said.

Since being on the team, Cagle has made some achievements. One of Cagle’s biggest achievements is breaking one of the school golfing records. 

“My biggest accomplishment this year is beating the school record from last year shooting under par four,” Cagle said.

Cagle’s work has paid off; it put her on the board and in a position to get better and better. 

With this season’s work, Cagle and three other girls from the team got to go to state. State lasted two days and was held at Emporia. 

Cagle placed seventh at state, a great way to end the season for her.  

“I just wanted to do good and improve,” Cagle said.

Overall, Cagle felt strong about the season she had for her sophomore year.

“I’m proud of myself for staying constant throughout the whole thing,” Cagle said. “And being able to shoot good scores.”