The Student News Site of Olathe West High School

Owl Post

Owl Post

Owl Post

Tech Students Set to Advance to Nationals
CBR Students Take Second Place at Job Olympics
Swimming to Success

Swimming to Success

April 22, 2024

Senior swimmer Lydia Fink has had numerous accomplishments...

This poll has ended.

What are your plans for spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Unified Bowling Places Third at State

Check out the slideshow below to see photos of unified bowling at regionals.
Melayna Murphy
The unified bowling team poses holding their runners up plaque after the regional championship.

The Unified Bowling team finished third at KSHSAA State Unified Bowling Tournament after placing as regional runners up on Nov. 8 at Olathe East Lanes. 

The team competed at state in Topeka, alongside the other teams that placed top five at regionals.

Unified Bowling is composed of players from the CBR program at school, as well as mentors, one of whom is a senior and captain on the Olathe West bowling team, Karma Bitner. 

“I really like it,” Bitner said. “I really like all the people on it and the coach is super sweet and so are all of them.”

The unified bowling team also made it to state the previous year, placing second. 

“I really am excited, I know state was fun when I went my sophomore and freshman year with the regular bowling team so I know it’ll be fun with them too,” Bitner said.

Unified Bowling also has a twitter account, created in August of 2022, where they regularly post results of matches, as well as Athletic Director Pat Butler posting their scores at regionals and state. 

“The Olathe West Unified Bowling team has finished THIRD at today’s KSHSAA State Meet!” Butler said in a tweet Wednesday. “These Owls are coming back with some serious hardware!”

The team is composed of seven players, as well as coach Cori Czajka, who works in the CBR program at school.