The Student News Site of Olathe West High School

Owl Post

Owl Post

Owl Post

Tech Students Set to Advance to Nationals
CBR Students Take Second Place at Job Olympics
Swimming to Success

Swimming to Success

April 22, 2024

Senior swimmer Lydia Fink has had numerous accomplishments...

This poll has ended.

What are your plans for spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Highlights From Golden Globes 2024

Every January, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association holds the award ceremony called The Golden Globes. Many popular movie celebrities are invited, where they get awarded for their accomplishments. The top movie winners were: “Oppenheimer,” “Barbie,” “Poor Things,” “Killers of the Flower Moon,” “Succession,” “Beef” and “The Bear.” 

Highlights From Golden Globes 2024
Oppenheimer
Oppenheimer

Movie Summary:  Oppenheimer and a team of scientists spend years making the first atomic bomb. On July 16, 1945 they put the bomb to use and they witnessed the world's first nuclear explosion and made history. The setting of this movie is during World War Two. 

Oppenheimer Awards: Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture, Actor in Drama Motion Picture, Original Score, Drama Motion Picture, Director of a Motion Picture, Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture, Screenplay of a Motion Picture, and Cinematic and Box Office Achievement. 

Barbie
Barbie

Movie Summary:  Barbie and Ken are living their dream lives in the world of Barbie. Then, they take a step into the real world and realize they like that life better. Barbie and Ken go through challenges they never had to face and learn how to sacrifice their joys.

Barbie:  Cinematic and Box Office Achievement, Supporting Actor in Motion Picture, Actress in a Musical or Comedy Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy Motion Picture, Director of a Motion Picture, and Screenplay of a Motion Picture 

Poor Things
Poor Things

Movie Summary:  A young woman, who was brought back to life by a scientist, runs off with a lawyer to go on a long adventure across the continents. Later on in her life she learns how to stand for equality and liberation.

Poor Things:  Actress in Musical or Comedy Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy Motion Picture, Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture, Original Score, Director of a Motion Picture, and Screenplay of a Motion Picture 

Killers of the Flower Moon
Killers of the Flower Moon

Movie Summary: Love crosses paths with a betrayed member of the Osage Nation as she tries to save her community from a murdering spree powered by oil and greed.

Killers of the Flower Moon: Actress in a Drama Motion Picture, Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture, Actor in a Drama Motion Picture, Original Score, Drama Motion Picture, Screenplay of a Motion Picture

Succession
Succession

TV Series Summary: The Roy Family are the owners of a global media and entertainment conglomerate. This family fights for who can control the company while also balancing the health of the family. 

Succession: Drama TV Series, Actress in Drama TV Series, Actor in Drama TV Series, Male Actor in Supporting Role on Television, Female Actor in Supporting Role on Television

Beef
Beef

Movie Summary: Two strangers that met in a road rage accident escalates to a lengthy argument. 

Beef: Actor in a Miniseries or Motion Picture for TV, Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture for TV, Miniseries or TV Film

The Bear
The Bear

TV Show Summary: A young chef that is involved in the fine dining world is forced to go home to run his family's sandwich shop after a saddening death in his family. 

The Bear: Actor in a Musical or Comedy TV Series, Actress in a Musical or Comedy TV Series, Musical or Comedy TV Series, Female Actor in Supporting Role on Television, Male Actor in Supporting Role on Television