The Student News Site of Olathe West High School

Owl Post

Owl Post

Owl Post

Tech Students Set to Advance to Nationals
CBR Students Take Second Place at Job Olympics
Swimming to Success

Swimming to Success

April 22, 2024

Senior swimmer Lydia Fink has had numerous accomplishments...

This poll has ended.

What are your plans for spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Public Safety Participates in the Old Settlers Parade

Addison Smith
Senior Noah Jaye waves down from the firetruck at the crowd in the parade.

Public Safety marched in the annual Old Settlers Parade on Sept. 9. During the parade, public safety members marched throughout downtown Olathe from Kansas Street and Loula Street. From there it travels east to Water Street and North to Park Street. It then headed east and ended at Buchanan Street

Some public safety students had never experienced being in the Old Settlers Parade but they didn’t have much to prepare before they participated in the parade to represent their school.

Freshman Micaela Brashear shared that this was her first time as a member of public safety being in the parade.

“We didn’t have to rehearse or anything but to prepare for it I told myself there is going to be a lot of people there and that I don’t need to worry because we’re all there together as a team,” Brashear said. 

Public safety included their firetruck and police car in the parade. On top of the firetruck were the upperclassman, waving down at the crowd while the underclassman walked along the sides of the truck in the street.

Junior Christian Ferman Almendra said, his favorite part of being in the Old Settlers Parade was “just seeing people smile and seeing the little kids happy,”.