The Student News Site of Olathe West High School

Owl Post

Owl Post

Owl Post

Tech Students Set to Advance to Nationals
CBR Students Take Second Place at Job Olympics
Swimming to Success

Swimming to Success

April 22, 2024

Senior swimmer Lydia Fink has had numerous accomplishments...

This poll has ended.

What are your plans for spring break?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Chiefs Return to the 2024 Super Bowl

Brodi Gary

After winning the Super Bowl on Sunday to make for back-to-back wins and the third win in five years, excitement is high for Kansas City Chiefs fans. 

The Chiefs played against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday in Las Vegas at 5:30 p.m. It was a long and stressful game, yet the Chiefs pushed through with a 25-22 win. 

The Chiefs had a rocky start to the season, yet they ended with 11 wins and six losses. Many people thought the Chiefs weren’t going to make it to the Super Bowl at the beginning of the season, however, they pulled through, winning the AFC championship against the Ravens with a score of 17-10. 

After winning the AFC championship, more and more people nationwide were mad about the Chiefs heading to the Super Bowl because they were sick of seeing the team appear in the big game and also thought they didn’t deserve to be there due to the rocky season they’d had. 

Yet, that does not affect the loyal Chiefs super fans. Senior Hannah Royer, a Rally House employee, said that Chiefs gear has been flying off the rack after the championship win. 

“It was normally super dead right before the AFC championship,” Royer said. “And since we won that night, it’s been super jam-packed the whole night, even when we close at 10 p.m., we’re still pretty busy by 9 p.m. and sales are on the up and up all the time.” 

Heading into the Super Bowl, more and more people are out and about wearing their gear. 

“We’re constantly selling out of things people want because someone’s wearing it or if they see Taylor Swift have it,” Royer said. “It’s a lot, but it’s fun. I really enjoy it.” 

Royer says that the jerseys or the locker room tee shirts or hats were being sold the most. 

Royer was scheduled on the Super Bowl night and said it would be very busy if the Chiefs came home with a win. 

“I’m scheduled until 12:30 a.m. on the Super Bowl night, so in case they win, I’ll be there pretty late because last year I was there almost until 11:30, but I think it’s going to be even crazier than last year’s because it would make it two years in a row and people will be so happy,” Royer said. 

Tomorrow, Olathe schools are closed and conferences were postponed due to the parade. Last week, there was an email sent out to all staff members and parents that no matter the outcome of the game, there will be school and nothing will be canceled, however, the district reversed this decision.